Chain Link Issues

Support forum for our first kit: the PlyFly go-kart
kmm

Chain Link Issues

Post by kmm » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Hi everyone,
Just assembling my Ply-Fly in Germany. I am having issues with linking the chain together, it seems just a bit too tense to slide the master link through. Any tips?
Last edited by kmm on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave

Re: Chain Link Issues

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Sounds like you might be trying to install the link while the chain is attached to the clutch and sprocket. The master link should be connected first, and then the chain run around the clutch and sprocket. You'll want to slide the engine mount toward the rear of the kart to install the chain, then slide the engine forward to tension the chain, and then tighten up the mounting bolts. Hope this helps!
Dave
Flatworks Engineer

kmm

Post by kmm » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks Dave, that worked for me :)

On a separate note, what is this loose black rubber tube for? (Image Attached) Do I need to attach the other end to some part of the engine? Or is it simply an air intake?
Attachments
IMG_3808.JPG
IMG_3808.JPG (570.09 KiB) Viewed 1154 times

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:49 pm

It is actually supposed to go to the air box. It is a breather hose for the gas tank. Looks like the plastic part that holds it on may have broken off. I'd recommend one of two things. 1, put a small filter on the end of the hose and zip tie it somewhere away from the exhaust. Or 2, pull the plastic hose barb out of the hose, and epoxy it back into place on the bottom of the air filter housing. I can try to get a picture if you decide to do #2 and need it.
Dave
Flatworks Engineer